Edward A. Wallace
Edward A. Wallace is a partner and founder at Wallace Miller. While Edward’s litigation and trial experience is diverse, his principal areas of practice are mass tort litigation, antitrust litigation, and other complex multiparty matters. He is one of the few lawyers in the country who has tried both a class action case as well as a federal mass tort bellwether case (which was also the first of its kind in the nation to go to verdict). He has served as court-appointed lead counsel, co-lead counsel, and as an executive committee member in many large-scale complex cases around the country.
Edward’s work for his clients has led to numerous accolades over the years, including being named a Leading Lawyer in Illinois (he now serves on its advisory board), a Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Plaintiff, a Legal Lion by Law360 (as a result of the jury verdict in Kaiser v. Ethicon), the Litigator of the Week by American Lawyer (for his role in the Essure litigation), as well as a Super Lawyer in Illinois (2014-2023) (after having been named a Raising Star by that publication). Edward has also achieved the coveted AV Preeminent peer review designation from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2023, Super Lawyers named Edward as one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Illinois and .
With over 25 years of experience, Edward brings to the table extensive knowledge of, and experience in, complex, multiparty, class action and mass tort litigation. In fact, Edward has served as an expert and trial resource for other lawyers in their own complex litigation cases. Through his work, he has gained a national reputation for integrity, efficiency, strategic planning, and for having a firm understanding of the science and facts that make up complex multi-party trials.
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (member of Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- District of Nebraska
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Co-Chair, AAJ Kugel Mesh Litigation Group (2007-2012)
- Public Justice
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Illinois Bar Association
- J.D., DePaul University, 1995
- B.A., Eastern Illinois University, 1991
Community & Charitable Work
Guest Lecturer, Class Actions and Mass Tort Practice, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Publications, Presentations, & Teaching
Edward’s expertise has been sought out by local, national, and international media to speak on matters of particular significance and interest. He has appeared on numerous news outlets including Insider Exclusive and NBC News, where he has helped explain complex litigation to viewers.